Ingredients: (serves 2-4)
200-400 gram of cockles
300-500 gram of beansprout
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
4-5 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 stalk scallion, cut to 2cm length
1. Wash and rinse cockles thoroughly (soak the cockles in water for 30 minutes )
2. Drain the cockles after washing & rinsing.
3. Soak cockles in boiling hot water for 10 minutes; remove the cockles from the shell. Set aside.
4. Wash and clean beansprout.
5. Pour oil in wok under medium heat.
6. Add chopped onion and garlic and fry till golden brown.
7. Add in cockles only (pour away the blood) and continue to fry for 5 minutes.
8. Add in the beansprout and continue to fry for 1-2 minute.
9. Garnished with scallion.
10. It is now ready to be served!