Wantan (sometimes spelled as wonton or 馄饨 “hun tun” in Chinese), is found commonly across Chinese cuisine. In Singapore, one will find wontons in any Chinese restaurants ─ steamed, fried, and boiled.
Going back in time to the Han Dynasty of China, wonton was said to be a kind of “bing” (a kind of bread in China). The difference is that Wonton has fillings inside, and is eaten after being steamed or boiled. Ancient Chinese think wonton is a sealed bun, lacking “Qi Qiao” (seven orifices) and thus, named it as “hun tun,” which means chaos.
CKH Food Trading sells both premium minced pork and wonton skins to provide consumers with the best quality wonton they can taste. (CKH sells ready-made fried wontons too if you are too lazy to make your own). In this recipe, the writer provides you a step-by-step homemade minced pork with garlic chives wonton.
Serves : 4 people
Preparation time : 1 hour 30 minutes (approximation)
|CKH Minced pork||500 g|
|Shaoxing wine||2 table spoon|
|CKH wonton skin||1 pack|
|Oyster sauce||1 table spoon|
|Grounded black pepper||According to taste|
|Soy sauce||1 table spoon|
|Garlic chives||50 g or a handful|
|Ginger, finely chopped||1 table spoon|
|Shallots, finely chopped||2 table spoons|
|Garlic, finely chopped||2 table spoons|
|Corn flour||1 table spoon|
|Sugar (Stevia sweetener for a healthier choice)||1 teaspoon|
|Water (to secure the wonton skin together)||1 bowl/cup|
- Chop garlic chives into one centimetre long pieces and mix with minced pork thoroughly.
- Add Shaoxing wine, oyster sauce, crushed ginger, garlic, shallots, black pepper, soy sauce, sugar/Stevia, and corn flour into minced pork mixture. Ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Cover marinated pork into the fridge for one hour.
- Remove marinated pork from fridge.
- Take a tea spoon of marinated pork and place it on one piece of wonton skin.
- Dip your finger in a bowl of water and rub wet finger on the inner side of the wonton skin.
- Squeeze the four corners of the skin together and lightly twist the top part of the wonton skin.
- Repeat steps ONE to SEVEN till all meat and wonton skin is done. You can either fry, steam, or boil your delicious minced pork and garlic chives wonton!
Below is a link for you to watch how you can wrap a wonton and make them look good:
Looking for minced pork and wonton skin supplies? Or, maybe just ready-made fried wontons?
Contact CKH Food Trading for the best quality products by clicking here!
Our friendly representative(s) will get back to you as soon as we can. We will not leave you hungry for wontons!