Ingredients: (serves 4-6)
1 large chicken
2 stalks of scallion and coriander leave cut in 2cm length
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
5cm ginger cut into slice
10cm grated ginger
1. Stuff chicken with ginger and spring onions.
2. Boil chicken in a pot. Ensure sufficient water to submerge the chicken. Boil for around 20 minutes to just done (do not overcook)
3. Add carrot into the soup.
4. Turn off heat and let the chicken simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from and dip in a bowl of iced water for 20 seconds.
6. Let it cool down and chop the chicken to the desired sizes. Some may like to be de-boned.
7. Next is to prepare the sauce; heat wok with oil.
8. Ensure the oil is boiling hot, pour oil into grated ginger. Add in soy sauce and sesame oil and spring onion.
9. It is now ready to be served!
10. Dip chicken meat with sauce and go with white rice.