Ingredients: ( serves 4 )
2-3 long eggplant /brinjal, washed and cut into long shape
3-4 garlic cloves – minced (more garlic is recommended for this dish)
2 tablespoons of dried shrimps
1 tablespoon of chilli paste (optional).
1. Wash and cut eggplant/brinjal into long shapes.
2. Place eggplants on a steamer or steaming rack in a wok and steam for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Pour oil into a wok and add dried shrimps and garlic and fry till golden brown. Optional: add chili paste and continue to fry until fragrant.
4. Pour mixture together with the oil onto the ready steamed eggplant.
5. Add soya sauce to taste.
6. It is now ready to be served!