Ingredients: ( serves 2 )
8 large prawns, deshelled
2 cooked salted egg yolk
A handful of curry leaves
2 chilli padi, sliced
2 tablespoons of salted butter
1 egg, beaten
4 tablespoons cornflour
1. Cut and clean the prawns.
2. Trim legs and devein the prawns. Marinate the prawns with salt and pepper. (prepare in the fridge the night before)
3. Dip the prawns in beaten egg mixture.
4. Dip the prawns in egg mixture and cornflour.
5. In a large pot, add cooking oil under high heat.
6. Add curry leaves and fry till fragrant. Remove leaves and set aside.
7. Dip the prawns in the pot slowly. Deep fry the prawns till they are cooked.
8. In another skillet, melt salted butter.
9. Add salted egg yolk and mash it.
10. Add the deep-fried prawns and curry leaves.
11. Add chilli padi and continue to stir fry.
12. It is now ready to be served!